Records Management and Corporate Affairs Advisor (Replacement)
- Full Time
Reference number: P-22-23-2801
Department: Communications & Corporate Affairs
Immediate Supervisor’s Name: Isabelle Moncion
Position Status: Full-time Replacement
Length of the contract: Until March 27, 2023
Work Location: Vanier College
Work Schedule: Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date: 2022-07-14
External Posting End Date and Time: 2022-08-14 17:00
Salary Scale: $47,886 – $79,426
Vanier College is an English-language public college with more than 6000 daytime students from over 90 different nationalities. We have a thriving Continuing Education division that provides services to adult learners, international students as well as to community and corporate clients. Vanier has approximately 1000 employees and offers a stimulating work environment and a beautiful green campus. Our dynamic faculty and staff enjoy numerous benefits including an employee assistance program, employee fitness programs, professional development, daycare, educational fee waivers as well as music concerts and other activities.
Our institution is committed to ensuring representation in its community; consequently, Vanier College welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. The institution maintains its commitment to excellence in Education and recognizes that increasing the diversity of its staff supports this objective.
We offer a remarkable range of job opportunities so we invite you to navigate our job postings and apply so that you too can become a proud member of the Vanier College Community.
At Vanier College, our mission is to provide our students with life-enriching experiences that foster engaged citizenship. Employees throughout our organization are critical in achieving this mission, and we are committed to supporting the development, engagement and overall wellbeing of our faculty and staff.
We are currently looking for a Records Management and Corporate Affairs Advisor to join our team. As part of the Communications and Corporate
Affairs Department, your two main missions will be to support the Board of Directors’ activities and to modernize and standardize the College’s records management practices and protocols.
More specifically, but not limited to, the Records Management and Corporate Affairs Advisor:
• Prepares agendas, supporting documents and minutes for Board of Director meetings;
• Coordinates Board elections, supports Board members in their role, organizes governance training sessions;
• Monitors our By-law and Policy revision calendar, working with directors and managers to revise and update by-laws and policies;
• Pilots the modernization of our records management practices;
• Works with departments across the organization to train and support teams in their document management;
• Receives and processes access to information requests;
• Works on various legal matters affecting the College.
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Replacement: A.S.A.P. until March 27, 2023 or until the return of the incumbent to her position, whichever occurs first
Classification: l’attaché d’administration (Administration Officer)
• An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Law, Archiving, Record Management, Public Affairs and Policy or any other appropriate field of specialization.
Conditions related to the specific position:
• Excellent English and French oral and written communication skills (to be tested);
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (to be tested);
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately with detailed information;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines;
• Previous experience working in either a legal or corporate executive environment (an asset);
• Knowledge of legal proceedings and of procedural etiquette (an asset).
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgement email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note, candidates must apply directly on the Vanier College website at: https://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/human-resources/jobs/job-opportunities