- Full Time
Reference number : P-22-23-2807
Job Category (Job Alert) : Education and Pedagogy
Department : Continuing Education and Community Services
Services : Continuing Education
Immediate Supervisor’s Name : Gregory De Luca
Position Status : Regular Full-time
Length of the contract : Permanent
Work Location : Vanier College
Work Schedule : Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date : 2022-07-26
External Posting End Date and Time : 2022-08-14 17:00
Salary Scale : $50,150 – $92,027
Expected Start Date : 2022-09-12
Vanier College is an English-language public college with more than 6000 daytime students from over 90 different nationalities. We have a thriving Continuing Education division that provides services to adult learners, international students as well as to community and corporate clients. Vanier has approximately 1000 employees and offers a stimulating work environment and a beautiful green campus. Our dynamic faculty and staff enjoy numerous benefits including an employee assistance program, employee fitness programs, professional development, daycare, educational fee waivers as well as music concerts and other activities.
Our institution is committed to ensuring representation in its community; consequently, Vanier College welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. The institution maintains its commitment to excellence in Education and recognizes that increasing the diversity of its staff supports this objective.
We offer a remarkable range of job opportunities so we invite you to navigate our job postings and apply so that you too can become a proud member of the Vanier College Community.
Under the authority of the Continuing Education Coordinator of Academics, the Pedagogical Counsellor collaborates in the operation and development of programs and pedagogical projects for ACS (AEC) programs, for DCS (DEC) programs in Continuing Education, corporate training and RAC. Among other tasks, the incumbent will develop and revise courses and programs in various ACS (AEC) programs as well, as oversee the DEC resource center and part-time DEC teaching activities.
The Pedagogical Counsellor advises, leads, provides information, develops, supports, evaluates and provides feedback to teaching staff, management responsible for teaching services, and other stakeholders at the College. The incumbent will be responsible for pedagogy and operations, particularly in new or existing ACS (AEC) programs of study, and ensuring quality learning and teaching strategies, appropriate nature and methods of evaluation, as well as reporting, research and innovation.
More specifically, but not limited to the following, the Pedagogical Counsellor works in these areas:
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing the needs of individuals, organizations and businesses in terms of workforce development and continuing education in order to work with teachers, managers and other members in the conceptualization, planning and organization of training, activities, projects and new courses/programs;
- Recommends and develops new programs to expand our service offering;
- Develops innovative strategies to solicit prospective learners;
- Responsible to elaborate a development plan and time-line.
- Participates as a member of program teams through program changes such as program evaluations and implementation of new programs;
- Promotes the ACS (AEC) programs offered to a variety of clienteles, including individuals and employers, who may require this service;
- Leads the preparation and implementation of promotion and recruitment activities;
- Leads information sessions for teacher information and student recruitment;
- Collaborates with the Registrar’s office on the admission process and recommends the issuance of AEC certificates, where applicable, in accordance with College orientations and policies;
- Offers counselling, training and professional development sessions in areas of expertise, and undertakes the related evaluation and follow-up of class and teaching activities;
- Is involved in the production and development of educational materials including course frameworks and program grids.
- Collaborates with the Continuing Education Coordinator, the Registrar’s Office and HR for teacher allocation;
- Liaises with the Faculty Deans, Departmental Coordinators, Registrar, Human Resources, Communications, Services for Students and other departments for matters concerning curricula, complaints, hiring and equipment needs, planning and development of promotional material;
- Provides information and works with the technician for preparation of schedules;
- In consultation with the Director and Coordinator, provides appropriate liaison with both internal and external committees and attends meetings as required.
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Classification: Conseiller ou conseillère en pédagogique (Pedagogical Counsellor)
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization, particularly in Education Science, Pedagogy & Andragogy, Educational IT, or related.
Conditions related to the specific position:
- Extensive knowledge of post-secondary education and the Quebec college system;
- Extensive knowledge of program and/or course development in ACS and DCS programs;
- Extensive knowledge of pedagogy and training programs;
- Teaching experience and demonstrated pedagogical ability;
- Knowledge of College academic standards, regulations and practices;
- Knowledge of government immigration regulations;
- Cultural openness and ability to work in teams;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Rigour, analytical and synthetic skills, diplomacy;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (to be tested);
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (to be tested).
- Strong oral and written French communication skills (to be tested).
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.