Market Research Analyst
CEDEC would like to appoint a market research analyst to its team. The ideal candidate is a results-driven professional who can collect and interpret market research to provide strategic insights and inform the development of community-based economic development ventures. The ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to non-specialist audiences is essential to the position.
- Assist in the development and the implementation of CEDEC’s market research plan, and methods for collecting data.
- Prepare questionnaires, polls (online, telephone, email), and focus groups, or plans to access existing data.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research, including literature reviews and reports and support colleagues.
- Provide business and market intelligence analytical expertise.
- Ensure that the CEDEC research and operations teams have access to market insights and accurate up-to-date data.
- Design, build, maintain, and improve forecast models of CEDEC’s services, potential opportunities, and ventures.
- Collect and share insights on market shares and market dynamics from local, national, and global perspectives
- Provide insightful and actionable analysis that will guide decision-making in our collaborative economic development model.
- Manipulate and analyze datasets, research engines, web analytics and business research tools.
- Assess the key trends and developments in the data.
- Identify the story, what it means and what we can do about it.
- Recommend strategies to find potential collaborative economic development opportunities to create viable ventures.
- Draft reports on local and regional economic trends and topics.
- Draft slides for CEDEC presentations.
- Draft proposals, grants and funding requests, as well as applications for data access.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, statistics, business administration, business analytics, sociology or a related discipline, with an ability to apply market research principles to new topics and data.
- 2-3 years’ experience in market research, business intelligence, business development. Experience in the economic development field is a huge asset.
- A high level of numeracy, research, analytical capabilities, problem structuring/problem solving skills.
- A high degree of computer proficiency (Office 365) and demonstrated skills in Business Intelligence/Analytics tools (Alteryx, Cviews, Matlab, Power BI, SPSS, Tableau, Talend, etc.).
- A fundamental understanding of the tools and techniques used for market forecasting.
- The ability to write clear, concise, and useful market research reports for both experts and non-experts.
- The ability and demonstrated proficiency to synthesize complex concepts, key findings, and information from a variety of sources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English and French.
- Capacity to focus on detail and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be a good team player.
- Knowledge of market trends provincially, nationally, and globally across a wide range of industry sectors.
Interested applicants are required to send their application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter. Your letter should elicit responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the job?
- What are your relevant skills and qualifications, and what will you be able to bring to our organization?
- Relying on your training and from your viewpoint, how would you define Economic Development? And how can we use market intelligence and insights to make decisions on economic development interventions?
- What are your expectations from the job?
Position Type: Market Researcher
Job Status: Contract – Full Time for the period ending March 31, 2023
Job Location: Negotiable
Application Deadline: We will begin reviewing applications on October 25, 2021
CEDEC is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.