IT Security Developer (JR0000017695)
**1 Year Term**
Design, develop, test, support and maintain IT infrastructure with specific emphasis on Information Security. Assure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all data and IT infrastructure components. Research, design and implement hardware and software security solutions.
- Plan, implement and oversee the operation of the University information security protection program.
- Design and implement information security solutions/infrastructure.
- Work with other IT Professionals in implementing new systems or modifying existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations
- Transform detailed functional specifications into code/scripts in accordance with design and programming standards
- Operate, maintain and evolve services to continue to meet business needs and objectives
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to): code, scripts (Database and others), automated unit/functional/integration tests, unit test cases, deployment instructions
- Conduct unit testing and support Analysts and Technical teams during functional and integration testing
- Review and analyze security device configurations and policies.
Education: Undergraduates Degree Experience: Three (3) years related experience
Desired: Certification: CISSP, or CISA, or Master’s Degree in Information Systems Security (MASc) or Certificate in Security Analysis and Information System from HEC.
Background checks: Criminal background and financial (annual)
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Dev(Sec)Ops principles and use of git and containerization (docker, Kubernetes/openshift)
- Possess breadth of knowledge of IT and information security concepts, practices and standards, networks, data, systems, databases, applications and identities.
- Possess expertise in identity and access governance/management, network/data security, protection and countermeasures, risk management, auditing, incident response, forensics, and security/penetration testing.
- Demonstrated mastery of security tools.
- Experience in programming, batch processing. SQL Language and database administration is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated business acumen, process-oriented thinking, communication skills, project management, time management, self-reliance and strong technical writing skills.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize to meet regular deadlines.
- English and French, spoken and written.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 05) $64,210.00 – $96,310.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Manager IT Info Security
Position End Date (If applicable):
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.