Infrastructure Portfolio Manager – System management and Integration (JR0000019676)
- Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Information Security and Infrastructure, responsible for the overall management of a team of administrators, analyst and/or specialists. Provide guidance to his team and serve as liaison between them and the business to meet schedules and goals of multiple projects within his portfolio. Working closely with Business and IT Stakeholders, IT Project Managers, IT Managers, Architects, and IT Technical teams, is responsible for implementing, evolving, maintaining, and supporting IT services to meet the needs of the services in the portfolio. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the organization
• Manage a team of administrators, analysts and/or specialists
• Responsible for Portfolio, System management and Integration
• Develop overall department objectives with the Director
• Perform annual Performance Dialogue and ratings for direct reports.
• Provide coaching and motivation to his direct reports and establish training and development plan.
• Act as single point of contact for the various Business and/or IT Stakeholders for the scheduling, planning, and delivery of the activities under own responsibilities
• Advise and support Business and/or IT Stakeholders in the implementation and evolution of IT Services for the portfolio business domain under own responsibility and ensure the submitted business need requests are evaluated and prioritized
• Prepare and provide request status updates to Business and/or IT Stakeholders through regular communication and Coordination Committees
• Ensure systems requirements are captured and solutions designed and developed to meet business requirements, in respect with the established architecture
• Ensure quality control is performed at each step of the solution development, implementation, and operation methodology
• Ensure data and database integrity and security.
• Manage proactively the life cycle of all assets under the responsibility of the group, including on going patching and upgrades for proper security protection.
• In projects, act as a solution delivery manager accountable for the delivery of each resource manager in compliance with the project plan and the solution design.
• Manage Suppliers relationship for third party software/services. Ensure proactive cost optimal renewal of contracts. Manage contract obligations and vendor performance.
• Implement best practices and methodologies and ensure own team stays abreast of new technologies
• Establish, promote, support and reinforce the use of standards to ensure the quality, suitability, reliability, stability and availability of IT Services under own responsibility is maintained
• Stay abreast overall on best practices to advise IT management on possible strategic direction
• Manage resource allocation: material and financial
• Exercise leadership in influencing others in attaining the established objectives.
• Oversee the implementation of short- and long-term plans related to IT management
• Work with clients to assess the degree to which IT investments are achieving their business objectives
• Support and advise University community on introduction of new technology
• Review productivity reports of unit and evaluates processes efficiencies and recommends improvements
• Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Education: Undergraduates Degree Experience: Five (5) years related experience
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams, and to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Communication, writing, documentation, and planning skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work on different projects concurrently.
- Good team player with strong focus on delivering results to meet the business needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions and improvements
- Familiar with installing, configuring, operating, monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and maintaining middle tier infrastructure and applications such as databases, application servers and various types of applications
- Familiar with building and managing load-balanced high availability configurations and high availability topologies such as database clusters and/or application server clusters
- Strong experience in working with enterprise-scale applications where demand is high for system reliability, availability, and performance.
- Strong expertise with performance tuning, benchmarking, and load profiling
- Familiarity with complex network and firewall issues as they pertain to building and configuring high availability topologies
- Familiarity with Identity management concepts
- Familiarity with development and experience with development teams and DevSecOps
- Overall knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- English, spoken and written. French spoken and read.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector (an asset).
- Expertise in the technologies currently used at McGill will be considered assets. Following, the list of technologies:
- Oracle 11g and recent
- Microsoft IIS
- VMware vFabric tc Server
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- RMAN and Symantec Netbackup
- SunGard’s Banner ERP system
- Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports applications, TOAD, Crystal Reports, Hyperion SQR Reporting,
- GIT source management software
- Apache Ant, Hudson, or other automated build/continuous integration tools
- EMC Documentum including knowledge of fundamentals and DQL
- Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Active Directory, Shibboleth, CAS (Central Authentication Service) or other authentication methods
- F5 BigIP Load balancer
- Jmeter, Loadrunner, WebLoad or other load testing tools.
- Google Analytics, Sawmill, Urchin or other log mining tools
- WAPT, JMeter, Loadrunner, WebLoad or other load testing tools.
- API connect
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree 5 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 08) $90,210.00 – $135,320.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Director IT, Information Security & Infrastructure
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.