Human Resources Coordinator (JR0000019987)
- Full Time
Under the direction of the Senior Human Resources Advisor, the Human Resources Coordinator provides a high level of administrative and confidential support for the Human Resources unit of Facilities Management and Ancillary Services. Acts as the main contact for policies and procedures and resolves complex problems. This includes responsibility for the unit’s human resources administration processes and organization of a variety of human resources activities, including staffing, benefits administration, salary administration, labor relations and records management, and ensuring appropriate administrative actions are completed.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit’s policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Responds to general questions and provides explanation concerning the application of the collective agreements. Refers complex and sensitive issues to the supervisor.
- Maintains and manages seniority lists for Service Employees Union (SEU) as well as scheduling all the disciplinary measures and maintaining their files.
- Responsible for yearly special projects such as recognition lunches and yearly vacation calculations of SEU employees.
- Receives and saves medical certificates sent by employees. Ensure proper follow-up with supervisors.
- Maintains employee files and completes documentation for payment, postings, appointments, promotions, nominations, leaves, absences, and other administrative forms. Explains procedures to follow. Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Assists HR Advisors to collaborate with Directors/Managers to build a recruitment plan to address their position requirements as well as any gaps within their team.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of job descriptions. Gather relevant documentation for those concerned.
- Executes the full cycle of recruitment, which includes planning, organizing and participating in the interview process. Prepare postings, screening internal and external applicants, schedule and assist interviews, and produce offer and rejection letters.
- Works closely with those concerned to understand recruitment best practices, including behavioral interviewing and assessment techniques.
- Follows up on the completion of probationary and trial period review forms as well as verify and process appointment forms and change of status.
- Schedules various departmental meetings. Attend meetings, take minutes and follow up on action required.
- Liaises with internal and external clientele, including unions, faculties/departments, other universities, hospitals and government agencies to obtain/exchange information.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Client-focused and service-oriented with a proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients and deal effectively and diplomatically in sensitive situations. Demonstrated ability to listen and assist clients with Human Resources Issues. Organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment. Accuracy and attention to detail. Demonstrated experience working with collective agreements and University policies and procedures. Experience performing a variety of Human Resources transactions; proven experience in the recruitment process. At ease working with external job boards. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing, advance databases, spreadsheets, Minerva and Banner. Fluently bilingual, English and French, spoken and written.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEP 5 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 01) $44,140.00 – $59,720.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Senior Human Resources Advisor
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.