Business Analyst (JR0000014734)
**1 year-term position**
Responsible for identifying the business needs of clients and stakeholders in order to help determine IT-solutions to business problems
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements.
- Translate business requirements into a conceptual system design (including but not limited to business requirements document high-level use cases, UI prototypes (screen mockups); work closely with systems analysts and solution architects for the delivery of IT-solutions.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Assist the stakeholders with their impact analysis and the development of business case.
- Contribute to the preparation of communication plans between clients/stakeholders and IT from project inception to final implementation
- Plan, develop and facilitate stakeholder and user community workshops
- Understand business processes in order to recommend ways to automate them and their related activities.
- Proactively support the Design and Construction and Implementation phases by reviewing design documents and ensuring requirements are met; reviewing test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure requirements are met; supporting QA and testing team; reviewing defects and working with client to determine the priority of fix and/or manual work around
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new business process solutions.
- As part of requirements elicitation activity, serve as a liaison between the business units and the IT teams
- Remain current with trends and topics related to Business Analysis.
- Participates in call for tender processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduates Degree (related field)
Experience: Five (5) years related experience
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
- Desired: Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrated excellent business analysis skills – ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by requesters and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated business and functional knowledge (e.g. Enterprise Document Management, Student, Business Intelligence, Finance etc.) domains of activity
- Demonstrated experience in at least one implementation of a major system, for example, ECM, ERP.
- Business Analysis certification considered a very strong asset.
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: business process techniques (BPMN), Master Solution Delivery methodologies (Macroscope Productivity Center), SOA concepts, BI concepts.
- Demonstrated effective communication, writing and planning skills. Self-motivated and ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and to manage deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization, with multiple stakeholders; ability to foster a cooperative team environment
- Experience in working with third-party suppliers.
- Fluency in both English and French both in writing and speaking
- Experience working in higher education is an asset
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree 5 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 08) $90,210.00 – $135,320.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Port Mgr Stu & Res Info Sys
Position End Date (If applicable):
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com or 514-398-3711.