- Full Time
Job Title : Administrative Technician
Reference number : S-22-23-2911
Job Category (Job Alert) : Administration
Department : Academic Sector
Services : Academic Systems – Registrar’s
Immediate Supervisor’s Name : Isabelle Lacombe
Position Status : Regular Full-time
Length of the contract : Permanent
Work Location : Vanier College
Work Schedule : Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date : 2022-11-08
External Posting End Date and Time : 2022-11-21 17:00
Salary Scale : $24.21 – $32.32
Expected Start Date : 2022-12-19
Vanier College is an English-language public college with more than 6000 daytime students from over 90 different nationalities. We have a thriving
Continuing Education division that provides services to adult learners, international students as well as to community and corporate clients. Vanier has approximately 1000 employees and offers a stimulating work environment and a beautiful green campus. Our dynamic faculty and staff enjoy numerous benefits including an employee assistance program, employee fitness programs, professional development, daycare, educational fee waivers as well as music concerts and other activities.
Our institution is committed to ensuring representation in its community; consequently, Vanier College welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. The institution maintains its commitment to excellence in Education and recognizes that increasing the diversity of its staff supports this objective.
We offer a remarkable range of job opportunities so we invite you to navigate our job postings and apply so that you too can become a proud member of the Vanier College Community.
Reporting to the Registrar’s Office & Academic Advising Coordinator, the Registrar’s Administration Technician is responsible for the coordination of
enrollment, registration and records activities and processes associated to the Continuing Education and Summer School programs and courses
offered at Vanier College. The Registrar’s Administrative Technician ensures the gathering, accuracy and integrity of course-related, student-related
and computerized-related files and records.
More specifically, but not limited to, the Registrar’s Administrative Technician:
• Participates in the processing of applications including, analysis, and verification of documentation and compilations of statistics for Continuing
Education and Summer School activities and programs;
• Performs all technical tasks regarding the French placement test process;
• In consultation with the IT staff, implements changes to data systems and procedures to improve and streamline services and activities;
• Participates in the technical processes related to Continuing Education Admissions process. Ensures the accuracy and validates all the admissions
data entry for proper transmissions of student files;
• Reviews, verifies and evaluates in accordance with the regulations of Quebec non-resident status and International status and ensures reception
and accuracy of all documentation;
• Reviews, categorizes and evaluates applications to the College in accordance with College and Ministry Admissions Criteria and makes decisions or
recommendations if required;
• Reviews and evaluates program transfer requests and makes decisions or recommendations for acceptance or refusal to the Admissions
• Liaises with education partners such as school boards, high schools, staff members of the Registrar’s office, and other services of the College as
• Is responsible for the maintenance of up-to-date files and records;
• Organizes the workflow and verifies the accuracy of the work tasks;
• Assists the Registrar’s Office & Academic Advising Coordinator with the elaboration of the critical paths and the work plan;
• Is responsible for all correspondence and transactional information of students;
• Verifies students accounts, refund requests and generates Income Tax forms;
• Makes recommendations on improvements and changes to registration and records processes;
• Participates in the production and verification of materials, forms, documents, websites pertaining to the Registrar’s office;
• Collaborates in the training of other employees including temporary occasional employees and student workers hired and coordinates their activities and ensures the accuracy of their work;
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Classification: Technicien ou technicienne en administration (Administrative Technician)
• DEC in Administration with an appropriate specialty, or a DEC in Office automation with an appropriate specialty, or a diploma or an attestation of
studies which is recognized as equivalent.
Conditions related to the specific position:
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (to be tested);
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word (to be tested);
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills (to be tested);
• Good French oral and written communication skills (to be tested);
• Aptitude for working with detailed information (to be tested);
• Ability to communicate procedures clearly and efficiently;
• Aptitude for working with detailed information;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work with computerized pedagogical applications and databases given appropriate training;
• Knowledge of the Québec Secondary school system and college programs;
• Knowledge of office procedures of Academic Systems, College policies and College Education Regulations, an asset
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.