Administrative Technician to the Director General (Replacement)
- Full Time
Job Title : Administrative Technician to the Director General (Replacement)
Reference number : S-22-23-2912
Job Category (Job Alert) : Administration
Department : Director General’s Office
Services : Director General’s Office
Immediate Supervisor’s Name : Beatrice Estivene
Position Status : Full-time Replacement
Length of the contract : Approximately 24 Months
Work Location : Vanier College
Work Schedule : Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hrs/week)
External Posting Start Date : 2022-11-08
External Posting End Date and Time : 2022-11-22 17:00
Salary Scale : $24.21- $32.32
Expected Start Date : 2022-12-19
Vanier College is an English-language public college with more than 6000 daytime students from over 90 different nationalities. We have a thriving
Continuing Education division that provides services to adult learners, international students as well as to community and corporate clients. Vanier has approximately 1000 employees and offers a stimulating work environment and a beautiful green campus. Our dynamic faculty and staff enjoy numerous benefits including an employee assistance program, employee fitness programs, professional development, daycare, educational fee waivers as well as music concerts and other activities.
Our institution is committed to ensuring representation in its community; consequently, Vanier College welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. The institution maintains its commitment to excellence in Education and recognizes that increasing the diversity of its staff supports this objective.
We offer a remarkable range of job opportunities so we invite you to navigate our job postings and apply so that you too can become a proud member of the Vanier College Community.
Under the authority of the Assistant to the Director General, the College Administrative Technician provides support for the office of the Director
• Answers the central College telephone number and central email account and redirects queries as appropriate;
• Greets, informs and guides students, staff and visitors to the College;
• Responds to routine and directional queries and provides general information to visitors;
• Distributes handouts and documents and maintains stock of same;
• Compiles and maintains checklists, records and fact sheets pertinent to Reception queries.
Clerical and Office activities of the Office of the Director General:
• Provides clerical assistance to support the activities of the Office of the Director General;
• Processes all in-coming and out-going mail in the office;
• Completes absence forms, contracts, work orders, purchase requisitions, cheque requisitions, capital requests, etc. as requested;
• Schedules and organizes appointments and meetings as requested;
• Maintains up-to-date records and files in an organized system;
• Prepares official documents and certificates;
• Proofs, reviews and updates pertinent webpages, announcements and events;
• Takes minutes at official college committee meetings as requested;
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of documentation, i.e. agendas, minutes, reports etc., for various college committees as assigned.
Events, Receptions and Meetings:
• Responsible for the scheduling and upkeep of various meeting rooms and the Board Room, and assists with technical support as required;
• Assembles kits and handouts as required;
• Coordinates and assists with events and functions of the College (i.e. ticket sales for events/activities, music productions, etc.);
• Generates accounting reports to support the events and functions of the College;
• In conjunction with the staff of Vanier Communications, collaborates with and leads the organization of major college events (i.e., Open House,
Graduation, Information Evening).
Emergency Operation Plan:
• Identifies and reports potential disruptive or problematic queries or those requiring Security Intervention;
• Performs appropriate procedures set by the Emergency Operation Plan or by the Crisis Management Committee.
The Vanier College Foundation:
• Provides administrative support to the Secretary/Treasurer of The Vanier College Foundation;
• Responsible for compiling donor information and enters the data on Raiser’s Edge;
• Collects, analyzes and allocates funds to various programs/activities;
• Prepares correspondence and creates reports concerning fundraising and donor acknowledgements;
• Maintains up to date records of various fund categories, employee payroll deductions, Canada Helps donations, private donations, investments
• Prepares tax documents and receipts for constituents;
• Maintains newsletter and announcements on the website;
• Assists project organizers with various tasks such as certificates for recipients, publicity, reports, etc.;
• Collaborates with College Appeal Project Managers (i.e.. Financial Aid Officer for Students in Need, International Education Officer for Student
Mobility Projects, etc.).
Other related duties may be assigned which are related to the Administrative Technician position and the Office of the Director General, or strategic
objectives of the College.
Contract: Replacement (approximately 24 months)
Classification: Technicien ou technicienne en administration (Administrative Technician)
• Diploma of College studies (DEC) in Administration with an appropriate speciality, or a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as
equivalent by the competent authority.
Conditions related to the specific position:
• Ability to greet and receive members of the external and internal community in a competent and gracious manner;
• Ability to work with people and find solutions;
• Ability to work autonomously and to multitask;
• Sensitivity to provocative or problematic situations, as well as to confidential information;
• Basic knowledge of the CÉGEP system;
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (to be tested);
• Excellent oral communication skills in French and English (to be tested);
• Strong writing skills in English, and functional writing skills in French (to be tested);
• Demonstrated attention to detail skills (to be tested);
• Basic knowledge in accounting is an asset;
• Ability to be agile is an asset.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.