- Full Time
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administer accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Processes or monitors the processing of financial, accounting and payroll transactions. Examines, analyses and reconciles accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others. Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Performs various administrative tasks according to the needs of the unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-do-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements, and reports. Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems. Audits outstanding items.
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of documentation.
- Prepares schedules, reports and financial statements. Makes recommendations on budget allocations. Supplies information and documentation to auditors.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their implementation and development to improve efficiency within the unit. Liaises with computer resource persons as required. Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets. Enters data and updates information.
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks according to the needs of the unit.
- Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource persons.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of accounting principles. Must be client-focused and service oriented with a proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients (academics, students and administrative staff). Ability to perform under pressure and be resourceful. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize work. Strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing software, spreadsheets (Excel), Outlook, Banner (FIS), Minerva and Crystal Reports. Effective communications skills (ability to clearly transmit and receive information both in writing and verbally.) English and French (spoken and written).
Minimum Education and Experience: DEP – Business Administration 3 Years Related Experience
Hourly Salary: (MUNACA Level 08A) $22.09 – $30.49
Hours per Week:33.75 (Full time)
Deadline to Apply: 2022-05-08
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.